Every day I remember the price I’ve paid from more than a decade of Infertility. Today I was thinking about the good that has come from my journey. There’s lots of good for which I feel blessed from.
- If I hadn’t lived without Infertility health benefits, I may not have begun advocating for all Infertility patients to have equal access to insurance coverage to treat their disease.
- If I didn’t have success lobbying in Massachusetts, I would not have created Fertility Within Reach to share what I’ve learned with you.
- Had I not created FWR, I would not be receiving pregnancy ultrasounds from some of those we have supported nor would I have in my life the friends I’ve made along the way.
- Take Justine and Debra, who started as a Fertility Within Reach volunteers and have become a forever friends.
The blessings that come from our journey are often a wonderful surprise. In retrospect, I can look back and see the clichés are true:
- Everything happens for a reason
- The family we end up with is the family we are meant to have
- What we do, or don’t do, makes a difference
I have realized my Infertility journey was like Following the Yellow Brick Road. The road was unfamiliar, filled with scary encounters, new friends providing wonderful support, and a greater sense of self-awareness. Most of all, I stayed focused on my purpose and the journey lead me to the Wizard of Oz (my baby making team) and I ended up home with my family.
My wish for you is to end your journey with more good than bad and a blessed feeling that becomes the underlying feeling for the rest of your life.
Remember, we are here to help you make your dreams come true. Please contact us and we can be one of the new friends you encounter following your yellow brick road.
Trackback from your site.